A quote from Anne Shirley of Anne of Green Gables

"Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet? (Anne Shirley)"
— L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)

My Blog List

Sunday, May 9, 2010

lost my head... or was that hat... no it as a pattern

My 10 year old son just informed me that I was as he put it... "You are obsessed Mom with knitting!!" I lost my pattern for the hat that I had  knitted before and have been knitting. I have been making hats more or less by the seat of my pants and really enjoying it but found this pattern and I like this pattern as it's super easy and I need easy at first. BUT patterns like recipes ... well for me they beg to be altered. BUT this time I was trying to stick to the pattern. This morning I figured it's quiet, I'll finish my hat then start on to another wonderful color of Burly Spun that I got from Paradise Fibers. I want to get a jump start on my hats for next winter. That way I can give away or sell BUT and it's a big BUT I can make two of the same color and keep one for ME :-)
So anyway after looking and looking on Ravelry, (on my favorites) I then ran over to Crazy Aunt Purl's blog but then thought ('type in Easy slouchy hat')... on Ravelry and I  found my pattern... so I saved it :-) Now all is well for the moment in my knitting world.
A little post script to the above post. A couple days later I was sitting knitting. I do all my knitting when waiting for the kids like at school or at night or on the week-ends when I can't write. Well anyway. the pattern that I couldn't find... I found in my knitting gadget bag...  Oh well!! Such as life :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment