A quote from Anne Shirley of Anne of Green Gables

"Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet? (Anne Shirley)"
L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)

My Blog List

Sunday, May 9, 2010

lost my head... or was that hat... no it as a pattern

My 10 year old son just informed me that I was as he put it... "You are obsessed Mom with knitting!!" I lost my pattern for the hat that I had  knitted before and have been knitting. I have been making hats more or less by the seat of my pants and really enjoying it but found this pattern and I like this pattern as it's super easy and I need easy at first. BUT patterns like recipes ... well for me they beg to be altered. BUT this time I was trying to stick to the pattern. This morning I figured it's quiet, I'll finish my hat then start on to another wonderful color of Burly Spun that I got from Paradise Fibers. I want to get a jump start on my hats for next winter. That way I can give away or sell BUT and it's a big BUT I can make two of the same color and keep one for ME :-)
So anyway after looking and looking on Ravelry, (on my favorites) I then ran over to Crazy Aunt Purl's blog but then thought ('type in Easy slouchy hat')... on Ravelry and I  found my pattern... so I saved it :-) Now all is well for the moment in my knitting world.
A little post script to the above post. A couple days later I was sitting knitting. I do all my knitting when waiting for the kids like at school or at night or on the week-ends when I can't write. Well anyway. the pattern that I couldn't find... I found in my knitting gadget bag...  Oh well!! Such as life :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment